What does the term Crepi walls mean in a French real estate ad?

Crépi is a French term for a stucco plaster like finish on walls in a French house or apartment. It gives the walls a rough surface, almost like little waves on the surface of the wall.

As a reminder stucco is a material made of an aggregate, a binder and water and is applied wet and goes hard. Crépi or stucco is used to decorate surfaces. Read more details on Stucco here. 

If you are planning on buying a property with Crépi walls and you do not like Crépi make sure you get an estimate on the cost to resurface  the walls before you make a purchase. If you would like us to put you in touch with an English speaking French decorator or builder please contact us here.

Read about how to invest in France here