110 Tips on how to get your best deal on French real estate

Click for details on our 110 Tips - 72 page French real estate buyers e-Guidebook

What is a volet in a French real estate advertisement?

The term ‘volet‘ in a French property ad is referring to what we often call ‘shutters’ in English, the cover that we close on the outside of a window to block out the light and create additional security.

The ‘volet’ in the past were typically made of wood. Today they are often in metal like this and fold in and out or they can be the style that roll up and down by manual action or you can have an electrical roll up shutter system like this.

A recent trend in North America is to have wood shutters and mount them on the inside of a window. They look like this.

Note: Make sure when you are considering buying a French property to check the ‘volet’ are fully functioning and do close completely.