What does the French term maison jumellee mean in a real estate ad?

The French real estate term maison jumellee appears to have it origins in the concept of the twins since the word for female twins in French is les jumelles. So you could say ‘maison jumelee’ is a twin house, in fact, it means the Frenc house is attached on one side to another home.

In Ireland a ‘maison jumelee’ would be called a semi-detached house, in Canada it could be called a Duplex.

If your first language is English, make sure you understand all the terms associated with French real estate in English by working with an English speaking French real estate agent. We can help you find one in your area. Contact us here.