French real estate: What is a restanque?

english speaking french real estate agent

French real estate terminology offers some terms that are similar in English like W.C. (toilet), however, one reader asked us what does the term ‘restanque’ mean and this is not a term that has a similar English word. 

A Restanque is a terraced piece of land, that is the land has a step like effect to it. Usually the vertical part of the restanque is supported by some kind of stones.

You can use the search tool on our site to search more French real estate terms now (located up top) and you can help yourself by signing up for our free guide below or if you want to learn lots check out our 110 tips buyers guide here.