Do I need the Diagnostique de Performance Energetique before I market my French property?


Yes, even if you are selling your French property on your own without an agent you need to have the DPE (Diagnostique de Performance Energetique) before you begin marketing your French real estate.

The DPE must be done by an approved expert so potential buyers will have all the information on the energy consumption and emissions (plus other factor related to energy efficiency in your home) when they visit your French property.